ISIS claims responsibility for car bomb, Ankara blames PKK
if($('.nav-wrapper').width()<728){ google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8530768961177157"; google_ad_slot = "8024336238"; google_ad_width = 300; google_ad_height = 250; } else { google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8530768961177157"; google_ad_slot = "1705860969"; google_ad_width = 728; google_ad_height = 90; }

ISIS claims responsibility for car bomb, Ankara blames PKK

Orient Net - Agencies
Date: 2016-11-05 10:16
ISIS has claimed the responsibility for the car bomb attack on the Turkish city of Diyarbakir on Friday (4 November) that left nine people dead and scores injured. However, Turkish authorities blamed the country’s outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) for the blast.

The blast occurred outside a police station in Diyarbakir, the largest city in southeast Turkey, amid a crackdown on pro-Kurdish leaders in the country. Around 12 lawmakers from the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) were arrested earlier in the day over alleged links to PKK, which Ankara regards as a terrorist group.

Hours after the blast, the terrorist group’s Amaq news agency said in a report that fighters of ISIS "set off a car bomb parked in front of the headquarters of the Turkish police in Diyarbakir in southeast Turkey". The news agency cited a "security source" in its report, Long War Journal reported.

However, a statement issued by the Diyarbakir provincial governor’s office said that the PKK terrorist group staged the attack, which struck a building used by riot police officers in Baglar in Diyarbakir province, Turkey’s Anadolu Agency reported.

The statement reportedly added that the blast target was a heavily populated area, mostly resided by students.

The agency quoted police sources as saying that the nine dead in the blast included two police officers and seven civilians. Earlier Prime Minister Binali Yildirim had said that around 100 people were injured in the powerful blast, but 93 of them were treated and discharged from hospital. He also said that one terrorist was killed in the blast, which he reportedly claimed was a PKK member.

Turkish military hits 71 ISIS targets in Syria
Turkey’s military hit 71 ISIS targets in Syria over the last 24 hours, the army said on Saturday, intensifying strikes against the terrorist group, which has claimed responsibility for the latest bomb attack in southeast Turkey.

Five ISIS terrorists were killed in the strikes, as were five Turkey-backed opposition and one Turkish soldier, the army said in its statement. 

It also said coalition forces conducted five air strikes, killing another eight ISIS terrorists.

Related

google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8530768961177157"; google_ad_slot = "4041467030"; google_ad_width = Math.floor($('.col.m12').first().innerWidth()/10)*10-30; google_ad_height = 90;
11 children among 40 civilians killed as car bomb rips through Syria’s Afrin .Turkey neutralizes 20 PKK militiamen in northern Syria .Israeli airstrikes hit targets near Palmyra desert in Homs .185,000 Syrians returned to Idlib since cease-fire .OPCW: Assad regime Air Force used chemical weapons in Ltamenah .Landmine kills civilian in Aleppo’s Afrin .Eight shepherds shot dead in Raqqa countryside .Turkey neutralizes PKK militiamen in Syria .SNHR: 145 civilians killed in Syria in March 2020 .SNHR: Assad regime, Russia committed 77 massacres in Idlib since April 2019 .UN adviser: All Syrians are at risk .Global COVID-19 cases reach 2 million .Global coronavirus recoveries exceed 600,000 .Coronavirus death toll in Turkey tops 2,000 .Iran’s coronavirus death toll surges past 5,800 .Russia’s coronavirus cases hit 87,147