Opposition rejects Moscow’s claims of truce corridor shelled
Date: 2018-02-27 15:17
Army of Islam refuted Russian allegations that Eastern Ghouta opposition factions shelled a humanitarian corridor on Teusday (Feb. 27).
Head of the army’s political office, Yasser Dalwan, said opposition factions did not prevent anyone form leaving the area confirming that, “civilians can make their own decisions.”
Russian General Viktor Pankov said that civilians cannot leave Eastern Ghouta as humanitarian corridors had been shelled by opposition fighters, claiming that a humanitarian corridor was opened for the release of civilians, according to Sputnik.
Russia’s defence minister said on Monday (February 26) a daily five-hour truce and the creation of a "humanitarian corridor" to allow civilians leave the opposition-held Syrian enclave of Eastern Ghouta, would enter into force starting from today at 9 am.
Assad regime and its allies, however, continued their assault on Eastern Ghouta, where artillery shelling and aircraft bombing have not calmed down, since Russian daily five-hour truce began.